The festival takes place in an area of outstanding beauty. We are constantly aware of the privilege of working in such spectacular surroundings and the responsibility of caring for our environment.
We therefore believe it is our responsibility to put environmental thinking and action at the heart of what we do.
- We are committed to completely eradicating single-use plastics from the festival by 2022.
- We will engage with our audiences to promote recycling and reusable materials wherever possible.
- We will work across all aspects of the festival’s activities to constantly reduce our carbon footprint.
- We will regularly monitor the environmental impact of our operations, reducing waste and making sustainable choices wherever possible.
- We will support and promote more sustainable travel options for our audiences, including car share schemes and bus services, to minimise the impact of transport to and from our venues.
- We will work with partners and collaborators to explore and promote more sustainable touring models for the festival sector.
This statement was last updated on 14th September 2020.